Re: DXLab Restore Problem

Alan Swinger

Dave- Commander and all DXLab apps are in  C:\DXLab folder, incl Launcher which opens from there. - Alan K9MBQ

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 8:48 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave - Looking at my laptop where all works, the path on the launcher Config menu for all apps is C:\DXLab, whereas as you will see in the screen shot of the DT version all (except the Launcher) start as C:\ProgramFiles. So, do I need to delete the "ProgramFiles" part of the paths to make this work?

+ Not unless you'll enjoy wiping your C: drive and re-installing Windows. You cannot delete folders contains installed DXLab applications without corrupting entries in the Windows Registry, and losing the ability to properly "uninstall" those applications.

I sent the Screen shot again to your ambersoft address.

+ I have the screen shot, thanks. It shows that your DXLab applications are/were installed in c:\program files\DXLab Suite  - but the Launcher does not see them as present there now. That's why the "Installed" column on the Configuration window's "DXLab Apps" panel is blank.

+ When you use Windows Explorer to start Commander, in what folder are you finding the

CI-V Explorer.exe

+ file that you are starting?