Re: DXKeeper configured for SWL/MWDX/etc?

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 6:13 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ It's been ~50 years since I was an SWL, so my understanding of the requirements is not good. Two immediate recommendations:

1. enable the use of Commander and DXKeeper on the shortwave broadcast bands:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FrequenciesOutsideHamBands>

2. uncheck "Flag Invalid Callsigns" in the Options panel on the General tab of DXView's Configuration window

+ Note that DXKeeper limits callsigns to 13 characters. Callsigns cannot contain spaces; consider using an underscore instead, e.g. RADIO_MOSCOW,
Lol! Mostly, I stick to medium wave (Proud member of IRCA!) and FM
(Proud member of WTDFA!) but I do actually listen to stuff on SW as
well (OK, proud member of CIDX, too!) - WTWW 5085 kHz plays a lot of
Top 40 stuff as if it's still the 60s or 70s. :-)

I have done as you suggested. Took a bit to figure out how to set up
the applications settings in the new workspace, but I got there - not
something I do regularly, so rusty. Far fewer columns needed in the
log display as you'd imagine. I now have "MWDX" and FMDX defined in
Bands.txt with the proper band edges. I gather there is no way to
have a per-workspace Bands.txt?

Now need to figure out how to import from spreadsheets. :-)