Re: Computer lockup when I click on Upload to LotW

Steve K8JQ

Nothing like Bitcoin mining going on -- at least not that I know of  :-)

Anti-malware is Windows Defender. It is configured to consider the DXLab folder as safe.

I will post results of uploads in safe-mode-with-networking in a week or two.

Thanks.

Steve, K8JQ

On 8/26/2020 7:53 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Reboot at least every morning, usually more than that. RAM 32GB. I will look at Windows Task Manager next time -- if it will let me  :-)

+ Your reboot frequency and available RAM should be more than sufficient, unless you are running multiple protein folding or Bitcoin mining applications in the background.

+ Two other possibilities:

1. interference from a firewall or anti-malware application not configured to consider DXKeeper to be "safe"

2. misconfigured Windows Virtual Memory

+ The typical way to test for anti-malware interference is to reboot Windows into "safe mode with networking", as this  does not start your firewall and anti-malware. I know it'll be a pain, but each time you have QSOs to upload, reboot Windows into "safe mode with networking", start the Launcher, direct the Launcher to start DXKeeper, and then direct DXKeeper to upload your QSOs to LoTW. If you do this 5 times in succession without the "can't run other applications while uploading" symptom appearing, then we'll have gained an important clue.