Re: Commander Multi Radio Secondary cat Port

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Dave, not sure if they vary in design but with the 1.5KFA when you switch to 2nd txcr input,

the required CAT connection shifts to the 2nd CAT connector also, which I have setup to PC, and it is on a different PC comport.

I am following the primary CAT with the SPE secondary Commander cat connection for both profiles, mainly for the 101 so it will also follow

SUB freq (on direct SPE<>Yaesu 101 cat conn, sub freq read is not possible), and it is also convenient with the KX3, no extra cables/adaptors needed.

So on your SPE amp how do you make one of the two CAT connectors work with both inputs? Perhaps your model SPE only has one CAT connection ?

Mine has two, one for each radio.

Thanks for the quick response.

Adrian Fewster

On 27/8/20 2:54 am, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave, I use a SPE amp > PC connected to Commander 2nd cat following a FTDX101MP (radio 1), and a KX3 (radio 2),

also connected to the SPE in the same way, on a 2nd cat connection.

On Commander I can switch between 101 and KX3 in operation and toggle input 1 and 2 on the SPE to match.

However i have to manually reconfigure the secondary cat connection to the SPE for KX3 operation.

+ Manually reconfigure the secondary CAT port in what way?

+ I have Commander controlling my two primary transceivers (IC-7800 and Flex 6500), and my SPE amp connected to the secondary CAT port configured to "follow" the current primary transceiver. No reconfiguration is required when I switch primary transceivers.