Re: Computer lockup when I click on Upload to LotW

For about half of the occasions when I click on Upload to LotW, my desktop computer locks up until the upload process is completed. The mouse still moves the cursor around the screen, but the computer is otherwise unresponsive.

+ That's not a "lockup". That sounds like your system sometimes doesn't have sufficient resources to execute additional applications while the upload is underway.

+ How frequently do you reboot Windows?

+ How much RAM is installed in your system?

+ The next time your system slows when uploading to LoTW, start the Windows Task Manager and check to see which applications are consuming memory, and how much is being consumed.