Re: DXKeeper LoTW Setup/Handling for Portable Station Callsign

Jim N7US

I don't get into the BARTG contests for the same reason.

Jim N7US

-----Original Message-----

It comes about because the ten US call areas are used as geographic
multipliers in their contests.
If that's the case, make all stations provide their state in the exchange. Don't make *some* stations use a call sign other than the one assigned by the regulator. It would be like CQWW saying all stations must use the primary callsign of their license holder
(trustee) effectively banning all of the special contest calls so popular in Europe.

BARTG has had their heads "where the sun don't shine" for 20+ years.
I dealt with the same issue when I moved from WV to Florida before I gave up on BARTG contests (and eventually got a 4-land callsign).
Getting a 1 x 2 callsign in the 4th call area is nearly impossible -I was not about to give up a 1 x 2 call that I had waited for years to get to just to satisfy a bunch of Brits who think their rules are more important that our regulations.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-08-19 1:22 PM, ve3ki wrote:
The logic has nothing to do with licensing rules. It comes about because the ten US call areas are used as geographic multipliers in their contests. If they did not have such a rule in effect, someone could get multiplier credit for all ten US call areas by working stations all located in the same small geographical area.

Rich VE3KI

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.