From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: 12 August, 2020 22:02
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] SpotCollector 8.7.3 is available

On 2020-08-12 5:17 PM, Steve - N3SL wrote:
Is it now "reasonable" to change the BandModes file entry for 14.080
to FT4?
No. RTTY is still the primary mode in 14.080-14.095 (where the
automatic data garbage generators start) - particularly during
contest weekends and DXpeditions.

On 2020-08-12 5:17 PM, Steve - N3SL wrote:
Is it now "reasonable" to change the BandModes file entry for 14.080 to
FT4? And I'm not quite sure how my edited file - identified within
SpotCollector as the source file - gets changed with an upgrade to
SpotCollector. The file name is something I assigned and NOT a default.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 2:53 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

If you are using Windows Defender anti-malware, direct it to update its
definitions from

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

before you install SpotCollector 8.7.3. The executables in this version
have been submitted to Microsoft for analysis and declared
free of malware. In theory, Window Defender with updated definitions
should not consider them harmful - but I have not tested this.

This release

- detects a conflict in UpdateSpotDatabaseEntryWithSNRPrediction and
automatically retries

- prevents creation of an errorlog.txt entry from
DXCCDatabaseModule.GetOriginStringList when the spotter's callsign is less
than 2
characters in length (tnx to Wolf DK1FW)

- tolerates a spot whose date and time are more than 22 days before or
after the current date (tnx to Franco F6GCP)

- when a K1JT-mode Spot Database Entry is double-clicked, directs WSTX-J
to populate its "DX Call" with the callsign, and generate
standard messages for that callsign (tnx to John W1JA)

- adds a POTA field that is populated with the Parks on the Air code
extracted from spot notes and conveys this information to
DXKeeper (15.7.1 or later) and WinWarbler (9.2.9 or later) when a Spot
Database Entry is double-clicked (tnx to Tom NQ7R)

- adds a SOTA field that is populated with the Summits on the Air code
extracted from spot notes and conveys this information to
DXKeeper (15.7.1 or later) and WinWarbler (9.2.9 or later) when a Spot
Database Entry is double-clicked (tnx to Kent N6WT)

- adds a WWFF field that is populated with the Worldwide Flora & Fauna
area code extracted from spot notes and conveys this
information to DXKeeper (15.7.1 or later) and WinWarbler (9.2.9 or later)
when a Spot Database Entry is double-clicked (tnx to Stan
KM4HQE and Mike W0MU)

- updates the index.htm and SpotDatabase.htm documentation files

Notes:

1. When you double-click a Spot Database Entry whose POTA field specifies
a Parks on the Air code with DXKeeper (version 15.7.1 or
later) running, then contents of the POTA field will be placed in the
Capture window's User-defined item whose caption is POTA

2. When you double-click a Spot Database Entry whose SOTA field specifies
a Summits on the Air code with DXKeeper (version 15.7.1 or
later) running, then contents of the SOTA field will be placed in the
Capture window's SOTA item

3. When you double-click a Spot Database Entry whose WWFF field specifies
a Worldwide Flora and Fauna code with DXKeeper (version
15.7.1 or later) running, then contents of the WWFF field will be placed
in the Capture window's User-defined item whose caption is
WWFF

4. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new
version of SpotCollector to be "safe"

a. 0/15 Jotti scanners detected malware in SpotCollector.exe or
SC_WSJTX.exe

b. 0/70 VirusTotal scanners detected malware in SpotCollector.exe and
1/68 detected malware in SC_WSJTX.exe; I consider the
latter to be a false positive.

c. SpotCollector.exe and SC_WSJTX.exe have been submitted to Microsoft
and found free of malware. Updated definitions for Windows
Defender are available here:

<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions>

5. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade"
section of
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking>

6. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of SpotCollector, see
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion>

SpotCollector 8.7.3 is available via the DXLab Launcher, and via

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm>