Re: Exporting FFMA status

Steve - N3SL

HA!  I missed the obvious anagram there!  Yes WG7J's GridMapper, but W7GJ did operate from 4 corners!  Guess I'll just have to deal with it....  Unless someone has an easy way to convert an ascii list to an ADIF (notice I said "easy")...

Thanks, Ian.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:53 PM iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 5:46 PM Steve - N3SL <n3sl@...> wrote:

> Not that this is a "critical" situation, but how can I accomplish this?
>
> Selecting the "FFMA" progress report exports an ascii list - as expected.  I also use GridMapper to display the status of my 6m US grids (i.e. FFMA).  If I filter my log with a query choosing all the US grids + 6m, I get the opportunity to export in ADIF, as GridMapper requires for input.
>
> Here is the issue:  For calls with more than one grid, e.g. W7GJ opperated on the corner of 4 grids - and DXKeeper has them all listed, and LoTW has confirmed all 4 - but the export file only lists Grid1.  How do I get an export to show all 4?  There are other examples from recent operations, e.g. AG6EE, but no joy.
>
> Again, not a critical item, but there must be a way....

If you mean WG7J's GridMapper (not to be confused with W7GJ!);
unfortunately it does not support multi-grid QSOs, even though
DXKeeper does (should) include them in the VUCC_GRIDS ADIF field. I
raised this with the author a couple of years ago, and he acknowledged
it, and said he might get around to looking at it some day. Meanwhile,
my workaround is a somewhat kludgy python script that munges the ADIF,
creating new records for each additional grid (in the GRIDSQUARE
field).

73,

    ~iain / N6ML