Re: Spot Collector Database

darryl

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I am successfully connected to a spot source. Problem was that the spot database could not be accessed.
I thought that I could erase the databases and when I restored the program blank ones would be created. That obviously did not work.

So anyway I now have a spots database but no SpecialCallsigns.mdb and no BandModes.txt files. Also, when I try to specify a pathname for the database file from the config window it says “path not found”.

Error messages this morning:

“The spot Database cannot be accessed for compaction: Path not found.

“Unable to crate a special callsign database in C:\DXLab\Databases\SpecialCallsigns.mdb because +
‘C:\DX Lab\Databases\SpecialCallsigns.mdb’ is not a valid path. “

“Band-Mode file C:\DXLab\BandModes.txt does not exist; spot database entries will be missing Band and mode fields.”

Guess I need to know which database files are necessary, where to get them, and where they should be on my disc so the paths will be valid.

Darryl K7UT