Re: Need Ideas, best way to export DXKeeper ADIF log for import to WSJTX_log.adi

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 1:32 PM Mark W2OR via groups.io
<reston2010mm-orders@...> wrote:

Greetings. Last week in preparing for a digital contest, the WSJTX_log.adi file here was mistakenly erased, and so now, plans are to repopulate that WSJT file with an ADIF file from the main DXKeeper log. That can be done, seemingly, starting with Keeper's Export tab, but first:

~~ has anyone had success doing this specifically for WSJTX ??
Yes.

~~ Is there an easier way to repopulate the WSJTX_log.adi file, perhaps by instead using LotW's ADIF records?
You could export your QSOs from LoTW instead, but I'm not sure that
it'd be easier.

~~ Would it be best to pre-filter the DXKeeper ADIF export file to eliminate unnecessary duplicate log records;
Why do you have unnecessary duplicates in your DXKeeper log?

~~ Will the DXKeeper ADIF file need alterations before being exported, such as, deletion of unnecessary fields (like name, IOTA info, narrative comments, etc)?
No.

~~ Since this is all 'new territory', what else am I missing?
You're probably overthinking it. Just export standard ADIF from
DXKeeper and place the file in your WSJT-X log directory with name
wsjtx_log.adi, then launch WSJT-X.

73,

~iain / N6ML