Re: Winsock Error

g4wjs

Hi Paul,

you don't need to do anything, SpotCollector automatically tries to reconnect to spot sources periodically, when it becomes available again it will get connected. I usually leave broken DX Cluster connections a week or so before taking any action, after all the owners might have hardware issues or be moving QTH for example. Only after extended unavailability do I look for a suitable replacement in the same geographical area.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 30/06/2020 11:59, Paul Kelliher wrote:
Thanks, Bill. That is what I thought but I appreciate the confirmation. Probably would disappear if I reboot.
On Jun 30, 2020, at 6:56 AM, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

On 30/06/2020 11:52, Paul Kelliher wrote:
This morning I received a “Winsock Error 10061 connection forcefully rejected” with respect to NN1D source in Spotcollector. Is that an issue at my end or at NN1D’s end? All other sources are working fine in Spotcollector.
Hi Paul,

that's coming from the server end of the connection, probably transient, maybe because the server was waiting for connections to clear before restarting.

Bill

G4WJS.