Re: launcher does not open

Dave AA6YQ

Please answer my questions:

1. Have you tried rebooting Windows to clear the "another application has exclusively opened" message?

2. In what folder do you expect your log file to reside?

3. When you examine that folder using Windows Explorer, is your log file present?

4. If so, what happens when you direct DXKeeper to open it?

It will open it with the saved data base, but when I close it I can not reopen it?

On Jun 28, 2020, at 2:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

?+ AA6YQ comments below

If I try to open my log I get a message that the log needs significant updating? it tells me to make a back up. After I make the back up and hit continue, I get another message that says another application has exclusively opened.

C:\DXLab|DXKeeper\Databases\Primary Subdivision Database.mdb

I did install Office 365 just before these issues developed. I also noticed my log now resides in the Office Program Access?

Where do I start to try and get back to normal?

+ I have no idea why installing Office 365 would corrupt your DXLab installation. It sounds like it decided to "organize" your .mdb files.

+ Have you tried rebooting Windows to clear the "another application has exclusively opened" message?

+ In what folder do you expect your log file to reside? When you examine that folder using Windows Explorer, is your log file present? If so, what happens when you direct DXKeeper to open it?