Re: DXLabs/SDR Console/TS-590SG

Gordon LaPoint

I use DXLabs commander and HDSDR (RSP1a)  at the same time  with my TS590sg, Commander talks to the USB port and HSDR talks to the RS 232 port, using the Omni-Rig driver in HDSDR.  This worked better than the Secondary CCAT Port in Commander.  (was more responsive and works with other software without changing anything, like N1MM, WriteLog - etc).  This allowed clicking on the signals in HDSDR and having the radio tune to the signal.

I don't know if the TS-590sg specification states that this is acceptable or not, but it works great!  I don't know if it will work as good with the TS-590s, don't have one, just have the sg version.
Gordon - N1MGO

On 6/16/2020 20:38 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I can run Spectraview okay connected to the 590s comport and DXlabs Commander to the 590s USB port no problems. SDR Console must be a different animal :-).

+ Where in the TS-590S specification does it state that independent CAT instruction streams can be simultaneously sent to its COM and USB ports?