Re: Confirming 6m grids for users not on LoTW

Joe Subich, W4TV

The FFMA report is a good starting point, but I would respectfully
suggest going further with this concept for needs in general.
The FFMA script was written before DXKeeper provided a built-in
FFMA report. Notice that the script calls the VUCC Report.

Using "add needed" doesn't work properly either since it's selecting
LoTW users as well as non-LoTW users (and multiple non-6m QSOs with
those who I also need to confirm on 6).
If one uses the same SQL as the "Filter" statement in the FFMA script
to filter the DXKeeper log display then does an "Add Needed" for CARDS/LABELS without removing the filter it will certainly add any
QSOs that are not confirmed via LotW.

it's selecting LoTW users as well as non-LoTW users
If you don't want LotW users add "and App_DXKeeper_LotW_User <> 'Y'"
to the SQL used in the FFMA Script.

(and multiple non-6m QSOs with those who I also need to confirm on
6)
Well then don't tell DXKeeper you want the extra QSOs ... *CLEAR* the
"Add Needed requests" boxes in the QSL Config dialog.

I'm current with my FFMA grids so I can't check *but* one should
actually be able to accomplish what you want by:

1) Filter the DXKeeper Log display with:
App_DXKeeper_LotW_User <> 'Y'
2) Clear the "Add Needed requests" boxes
3) Clear the Awards boxes in Add Needed
4) Select *only* FFMA

On 2020-06-18 9:18 AM, Peter Dougherty wrote:
The FFMA report is a good starting point, but I would respectfully suggest going further with this concept for needs in general.
If someone who uses LoTW goes in to that report it's almost certainly not to see what's confirmed/verified (he can do that via LoTW after all), but rather, to try and figure out what's still outstanding; to determine who will need to be sent a physical card.
Using "add needed" doesn't work properly either since it's selecting LoTW users as well as non-LoTW users (and multiple non-6m QSOs with those who I also need to confirm on 6). I'm willing to give LoTW users a couple of years before I mark those Qs as needed for paper card (or, more likely, not in their log or otherwise unconfirmable).