Re: DXLabs, WSJT-X (ft8) and Yaesu FT-950

Jackson McNees

Very pleased to see this discussion.  Sometime back I used a Yeasu FT-920 with SignalLinkUSB to the mike port and worked fine.  Recently decided to get back active again but decided to switch to the data port to free up mike and to start using DxLab Suite.  Although the FT-920 is in DATA mode, after transmitting, the 920 changes to USB.  Looked high and low through Commander docs to see if something there but found nothing.  Based on this discussion, will have to see if I have to set up a command sequence to change mode after transmitting.  Hopefully this will give the fix I need!

Jack, K4IJQ

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of g4wjs
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:07 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] DXLabs, WSJT-X (ft8) and Yaesu FT-950

On 14/06/2020 01:39, Jerome Sodus wrote:

Hello Dave,
Relative to Bill G4WJS's reply, I'm making a command sequence to put VFO-A in USB and VFO-B at USB-PKT; both set at 7074000 Hz.
It is not working; perhaps you can spot my error(s) or omission(s).

Here is my code per Yaesu's CAT-manual and your email about 'split':
FA7074000;
MD02;
FB7074000;
MD0C;
FT3;

TIA for any help.
73 jerry km3k
PS..it is a great feeling to be 'coding' again.

Jerome,

you don't need to set any frequencies or SPLIT. Try this:

'VS1;
'MD0C;
'VS0;
'MD02
<END>

This is assuming that the FT-950 does limit the Rx passband in USB-DATA mode, the user manual doesn't make it clear. If it doesn't then just check the WSJT-X option "Settings->Radio->Mode->Data/Pkt" and let WSJT-X sort it out for you.

Bill

G4WJS.