Re: DXLabs, WSJT-X (ft8) and Yaesu FT-950

g4wjs

On 14/06/2020 01:39, Jerome Sodus wrote:
Hello Dave,
Relative to Bill G4WJS's reply, I'm making a command sequence to put VFO-A in USB and VFO-B at USB-PKT; both set at 7074000 Hz.
It is not working; perhaps you can spot my error(s) or omission(s).

Here is my code per Yaesu's CAT-manual and your email about 'split':
FA7074000;
MD02;
FB7074000;
MD0C;
FT3;

TIA for any help.
73 jerry km3k
PS..it is a great feeling to be 'coding' again.

Jerome,

you don't need to set any frequencies or SPLIT. Try this:

'VS1;
'MD0C;
'VS0;
'MD02
<END>

This is assuming that the FT-950 does limit the Rx passband in USB-DATA mode, the user manual doesn't make it clear. If it doesn't then just check the WSJT-X option "Settings->Radio->Mode->Data/Pkt" and let WSJT-X sort it out for you.

Bill

G4WJS.