Re: Setting up HDSDR and CW skinner

Joe Subich, W4TV

+ b. I'm guessing, but you may need Virtual Audio Cable software
installed in order to have that choice for audio output. Perhaps the
HDSDR documentation provides the necessary information.
That is correct. Virtual Audio Cables (or two sound cards with
audio cables connecting the two) is the only way to couple audio
from HDSDR to CW Skimmer.

On 2020-05-31 10:51 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
However, there seems to be some inconsistence
'Configure HDSDR to output IF audio for CW Skimmer
a. Click Options [F7]
i. Select IF as I (Left) /Q (Right)
b. Click Soundcard [F5]
i. in RX output (to Speaker) select CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)'
a.i I assume that is in F7/output channel mode sub menu (where IF as I(Left)/Q(right) option appears
b.i when i press F5. I do not see 'CABLE Input' option. I have the following three choices Using HDSDR without audio output Microsoft Soundmapper
O: Speaker/HP (realtek high def... This is my built in speaker _._,_._,_ ________________________________
+ I assume that you are referring to this article:
<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/HDSDRCWSkimmerConfiguration>
+ a. your assumption should be easy to confirm as being correct or not
+ b. I'm guessing, but you may need Virtual Audio Cable software installed in order to have that choice for audio output. Perhaps the HDSDR documentation provides the necessary information.
+ Also keep in mind that applications like HDSDR and CWSkimmer are not static; new versions may introduce new options, or relocate existing options.