Re: Log field day contacts on DXKeeper

My local radio club has us operation from home. I'm fairly new to DXLabs software, would I log field day as I normally do? Is this a contest? how do I log that to count for my club.

+ The rules for Field Day are here:

<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2020/1_61-2020%20Rules.pdf>

+ These rules state that the objective of Field Day is

"To work as many stations as possible on the 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 Meter HF bands, as well as all bands 50 MHz and above, and in doing so to learn to operate in abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. A premium is placed on developing skills to meet the challenges of emergency preparedness as well as to acquaint the general public with the capabilities of Amateur Radio."

+ Section 5 of the above document specifies the "exchange" for each QSO:

"Stations in ARRL / RAC sections will exchange their Field Day operating Class and ARRL / RAC section. Example: a three transmitter Class A station in Connecticut which also has a GOTA station and the extra
VHF station would send "3A CT" on CW or Digital, or "3 Alpha Connecticut" on Phone. DX stations send operating class and the term DX (i.e. 2A DX)."

+ Contesters use an abomination of a format called Cabrillo to report submit results; inexplicably, each contest employs a different Cabrillo template. DXKeeper can export Cabrillo for many contests, but this requires logging the exchange is specified in the large table in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Contesting.htm>

+ At minimum, you should set the "Contest ID" selector to ARRL-FIELD-DAY on DXKeeper's Configuration window's Contest tab.

+ This ARRL page indicates that you can submit a Cabrillo log, but without specifying the Cabrillo template to be used:

<https://field-day.arrl.org/fdentry.php>

+ Thus I don't know whether or not DXKeeper can generate Cabrillo for your Field Day QSOs.

+ If it turns out that DXKeeper supports the required Cabrillo Template, then I strongly suggest logging a few test QSOs before the contest and generating a test Cabrillo file from them to be sure that you are logging the exchange correctly.

+ Alternatively, you can log your Field Day QSOs with a contesting application like N1MM, generate Cabrillo from that, export an ADIF file, and import that ADIF file into DXKeeper.

+ Hopefully someone more familiar with Field Day and Contesting will fill in the many blanks left above.