Re: Flip from Y to V ... ?

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 4:55 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ If you used DXKeeper's VUCC Submission Generator to identify the QSO submitted for VUCC Credit, then clicking the "Verify Submission" button will update all of those QSOs to reflect their having been granted VUCC award credit:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Generating%20and%20Processing%20a%20VUCC%20Submission>

I did not. All LOTW, none of that paper stuff.

+ Otherwise,

1. filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

(Band='6m') and (APP_DXKEEPER_LOTWConfirmation Like '*G*')

2. in the Main window's QSL tab,

2a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

2b. click the "Update from LoTW" button

+ Notes

a. depending upon the number of QSOs in the Log Page Display after step 1, step 2.b could take awhile

b. this procedure will only update QSOs confirmed via LoTW; any QSOs confirmed via QSL card will not be updated to reflect VUCC award credit

73,
Taking awhile, as advertised. Almost all the "overwrites" are
gridsquares off by one character in the 6th position. For example,
about to accept an overwrite of EM37ec with EN37ed - too many for this
to be a coincidence. If there is a 6-char Maidenhead there, it's
because it was pulled from QRZ via Pathfinder OR put there by DXKeeper
which insists that a station in, say, EM15 must really be in EM15mm
(used to be EM15aa). I don't know why it insists on that level of
precision, but I've only overwritten a couple of those and there are
dozens of "off-by-ones" (out of 331 QSOs). VERY strange.

Also, lots of ops move and re-upload ALL their QSOs with their new
location because ... well, I don't know why.