Re: LotW "U" status

Steve K8JQ

"I'm curious as to why you manually changed the LoTW status of your QSOs . . ."

Not sure which occasion of "manually changing" your question refers to.

The first manual change was several days ago when I accidentally and unknowingly changed many QSOs from R to U in the "sent" field. The documentation did not recommend that I take this step :-[

The second occasion was yesterday, focusing on nine QSOs. This was deliberate, not accidental as above. Predicated mostly on the fact that even though the QSOs were marked U in DXKeeper, they were not uploaded to LotW as indicated by the Your QSOs tab of the LotW web page. Not recommended by any documentation, more like grasping at straws.

Steve, K8JQ

On 5/18/2020 1:20 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

This might be a no no, but I tried it and it seems to have worked.

Since I am working on a small number of QSOs, I manually changed the U to R on the Log QSOs page for the nine QSOs in question. Then, on the QSL tab => Upload to LotW => wait a few minutes => Sync LotW QSOs => Sync LotW QSLs.

Now the Log QSOs page shows six of the QSOs as Y and Y, the remaining three QSOs as Y and R.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I mistakenly marked lots of QSOs "sent" as U.

+ So you manually changed the LoTW status of your QSOs to "Uploaded" even though they weren't actually uploaded. That explains why they aren't present in LoTW, and why right-clicking one and selecting "Update from LoTW" produced no change.

So I need to change them back to R and proceed with the usual upload/sync/QSL process?

+ Correct.

+ I'm curious as to why you manually changed the LoTW status of your QSOs. Did the documentation lead you to conclude that this step was necessary?