Re: Windows Defender

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ

I run ESET Internet Security – no problems at all. I have Windows 10 Pro, so disabled Defender completely via Group Policies.  Peace of mind…

Something Windows DID mess up with a recent update : I keep my time set via Meinberg NTP, which during installation disables the Windows Time Service. Windows decided on it’s own to turn this back on – and as a result interfered with Meinberg…. JTDX (my operating platform of choice) has a nice feature that highlights a warning if the time goes significantly out based on average DTs,  and upon checking immediately disabled the offending Windows Time Service – voila, back to exact time!!

Bottom line : after a Windows Update, check EVERYTHING!!!

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ

KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa

EPC#0558 DMC#1690  30MDG#4081

DXCC HONOR ROLL (332/340)

DXCC(mixed)#41,146  DXCC(RTTY)#1,916

DXCC(phone)#34,990  DXCC(CW)#11,714

DXCC 80m,40m,30m,20m,17m,15m,12m,10m   5BDXCC#8,916

WAS Triple Play #492  WAS(RTTY)#538  WAS(Digital)#163-Endorsements JT65,FT8

WAZ(RTTY)#185  WAE-I(mixed)#72  WAZS(mixed)#214  AAA#1569

AS ZR6DXB: VUCC(50MHZ)#1,334  UKSMG WAE(Silver)#75  UKSMG AFRICA#22  WAC (Satellite)