Re: Windows Defender

Dave / NR1DX

We use an alternative AV here as well and WIndows-10 Pro did no turn Defender back on at the last update? It has popped up a few "NAG" notices about turning Windows Firewall back on  but did not override my current settings.

I have had WIN10- play games with some USB drivers in the recent past though ....... 8^(

Dave
manuals@artekmanuals.com

On 4/14/2020 12:12 PM, Ted Bauer wrote:
Yes, I use ESET and have not had happen what you are all reporting.
73
---
Ted   WA3AER

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 12:01 PM neil_zampella <neilz@techie.com <mailto:neilz@techie.com>> wrote:

Do you have any other AV program on your computer? Windows
shouldn't 'help' you by turning on Defender if you have another AV
running,

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/14/2020 11:14 AM, Dick Grote via groups.io <http://groups.io>;
wrote:
I can't prove it, but I believe that even though I had disabled
Windows Defender as my virus program, that during the last
Windows update it was re-enabled during the update process.  I'm
going to enable it long enough to exclude DXLabs just to be on
the safe side when another Windows upgrade occurs.

Dick
K6PBF
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&;utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

<#m_2970554835214802238_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

--
---
Ted   WA3AER