Re: CQ Marathon Progress Report

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM Julio Peralta via groups.io
<jperalta4=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Today I worked a station I needed for CQ Marathon. I wasn’t 100% sure it was a completed contact because of QRM. I logged the contact and placed an H in the Country Risk block in DXKeeper. Then uploaded the Q to LOTW.

About an hour later I received a LOTW conformation for that Q and now both blocks are showing Y’s. I then did a CQ Marathon Progress Report and find that the QSO for that call and country are still showing H even though conformation for the entry is showing Y.

I also note that in the High Risk CQ Country section of the report the total for countries has not dropped back by one unit.

Shouldn’t the high Risk Country Total have been reduced by one when the conformation was received via LOTW?
I don't think so. Why would you think that? A QSO may be high risk for
some other reason (e.g. there's some question about the validity of
the operation). If you no longer believe your QSO to be high risk, I
think you should adjust your log accordingly.

73,

~iain / N6ML