Re: New user with TS-890S, trouble connecting

Jim McPhee

Gerry,

Although it appears that Com3 is the Standard Port, and should be the one to work, don’t hesitate to try Com4 as well. Both with ARCP-890 and Commander.

Jim McPhee

Placitas, NM

W5ABA

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerry KM1MT via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:48 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] New user with TS-890S, trouble connecting

I have a quick update for tonight.  I uninstalled the drivers for virtual ports, then installed ARCP-890, and reinstalled the ports drivers.  Still no go.  Then I uninstalled again, and downloaded drivers directly from Silicon Labs.  Reinstalled.  Same results.  It's strange, if I watch the ports in device manager, I only have COM1 before connecting the rig to USB.  As soon as I plug in the cable COM3 and COM4 pop up and both report that they are working properly.  When I start ARCP-890 it tells me that it can't connect via a USB/COM port because COM3 is unavailable.  
I had a ham friend/IT & computer guru that has used DXLabs for years helping tonight too; Process Explorer only lists silabser as using COM3 and 4.  There were no hidden ports found either.  
I ran out of time for tonight, but wanted to update you all.  We're still working on it.  I will try another computer tomorrow to try to narrow things down.
Thanks for all the input so far, and thanks for the help tonight Ken! 
Gerry KM1MT

--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.