IC-9700, IC-9100 and Commander (2m and 440mhz)

W8DSB

I read a few threads here that Commander is operating correctly with the IC-9700. I just received my 9700 and this is what I have found. I only found this because a friend only has a TECH licences and wanted to work some FT4 and FT8 on both 2m and 440mhz.

I have a IC-9100, IC-7610 and IC-9700 on the same PC all being run by Commander. If I set Commander to use the IC-9100 for 2m and 70cm in the MultiRadio tab. The following happens:
If IC-9100 has 440 on top then a demand for 440 will set VFO but a demand for 2M will not <= Commander should switch focus and set (if not in sate mode)
If IC-9100 has 2M on top then a demand for 2M will set VFO but a demand for440 will not <= Commander should switch focus and set (if not in sate mode)
Also to note: if I switch the main and sub tuner...commander switch bands and follows as it should

If I set Commander to use the IC-9700 for 2M and 70cm in the MultiRadio tab. The following happens:
If IC-9700 has 2M in its active VFO and it shows 440 below then you cannot enter 440 in active VFO because radio is not dual watch. Commander should/could shutoff sub tuner then enter freq. This will work
If IC-9700 has 440 in its active VFO and it shows 2m below then you cannot enter 2m because radio is not dual watch. Commander should/could shutoff sub tuner then enter freq. This will work

I am guessing this would be the same for 1270mhz also

Has anyone one seen this?
Darrell W8DSB