Re: New user with TS-890S, trouble connecting

Jim McPhee

Gerry,

Here are the settings currently in use between my Windows 10 computer, Commander, and the TS-890S:

Windows 10
Device Manager
Ports (COM & LPT)
    Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM7)
        Port Settings
            115200, 8, None, 1, None
    Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM8)
        Port Settings
            115200, 8, None, 1, None

Commander
Config
General (tab)
    Radio= Kenwood
Ports (tab)
    Port#= 8 (W5ABA: note that the Silicon Labs Bridge has enabled both COM7 and COM8 in Windows on my computer, and that it is COM8 that is selected here. I think this may be where your issue is. If you have COM3 and COM4 enabled, then you have to enter Port 4 here.)
    Baud=115200
    Word=8
    Parity=none
    Stop=1
    DTR=Off
    RTS=On

TS-890S
Menu
    Group 7-Rear Connectors
    01-Baud Rate (Virtual Standard Com)
        115200 (bps)
    02-Baud Rate (Virtual Enhanced Com)
        115200 (bps)

I tried to go into enough detail so you could compare your settings with mine, without going too far. Let me know if this helps.
--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM