Re: New user with TS-890S, trouble connecting

Dave / NR1DX

Gerry

A few months back I was experimenting with other devices connecting to the radio ( Amplifier and Stepp-IR controller. I have run it at 19,200, 38400 (currently) and 115,2000 all successfully

Have you tried running the Kenwood ARCP-890 radio and connecting to the radio, COM3  that way?
make sure you do not have DX lab running especially the commander module when you do this. If you can talk to ARCP-890 then I am back to suspecting a config problem in DX Commander

Recent WIN-10 updates have had scattered reports of doing wonky things to USB/COM port emulators. If ARCP-890 also doent work then I would uninstall COM3 and the Related USB drivers in WIN 10 device manager  , reboot and then reinstall the USB port . AS I recall their is a KENWOOD device emulator program that needs to be installed first.

Dave
NR1DX

On 3/29/2020 8:59 PM, Gerry Lempicki via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Dave, I've check all 3 places and they match.  I've tried from 9600 to 115200.  What setting do you use?  And whenever I make a change, I get a popup that says Unable to open COM3, Invalid port number (8002), thePort = primary CAT port, port number = 3, settings = 9600,N,8,2.
--
Dave
Manuals@...