Re: New user with TS-890S, trouble connecting

Dave / NR1DX

Gerry

You have to set the port baud rate in three different places .
1) The TS890 Radio menu
2) DX Labs in the Config area ( in Commander I think not sitting in front of that computer)
3) You didn't say so I will assume your using Windows 10, in device manager under properties  check the baud rate there

Dave
NR1DX

On 3/29/2020 8:04 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Hi all, So I have a new TS-890S and I'm a new user of DX Labs.

+ Welcome to DXLab, Gerry!

I've installed the launcher and all modules. I have Commander version 14.5.3. I downloaded the Kenwood virtual port drivers and installed. I am using a USB cable from computer to the USB-B port. I followed instructions for Kenwood radios found here http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlKenwood. When I connect the radio to the computer via USB, I do see the two comm ports pop up (Com3 and Com4). However, when starting DXLabs Commander, I get the error that it cannot open the com port. "Selected com port failed to open". I have checked all port power setting to make sure they aren't getting powered down. I must be missing something simple, but I've had no luck after a few hours of trying. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

+ No one else with a TS-890S has reported that behavior. In the error message, what words appear after "selected Com port failed to open"?

Dave
Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com