New user with TS-890S, trouble connecting

Gerry KM1MT

Hi all, So I have a new TS-890S and I'm a new user of DX Labs.  I've installed the launcher and all modules. I have Commander version 14.5.3.  I downloaded the Kenwood virtual port drivers and installed.  I am using a USB cable from computer to the USB-B port.  I followed instructions for Kenwood radios found here http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlKenwood.  When I connect the radio to the computer via USB, I do see the two comm ports pop up (Com3 and Com4).  However, when starting DXLabs Commander, I get the error that it cannot open the com port.  "Selected com port failed to open".  I have checked all port power setting to make sure they aren't getting powered down.  I must be missing something simple, but I've had no luck after a few hours of trying.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!
Gerry KM1MT