Re: DXView, Database updates, DX lookups & Rotor control enable feature request

Dave AA6YQ

Steve K2SN's recommendation below has been added to the "Commercial Interfaces" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConnectingKenwood>

Thanks, Steve!

In connecting my TS-990 to a computer I had problems with both FTDI and Prolific chipsets. The problem was solved by following the recommendation of:

Leo Fahmie KJ6HI DM03

Amateur Radio Technical Support

Service Division / Communication Sector

JVCKENWOOD USA Corporation

Long Beach, CA 90810

kcc-amateur@...

Hours: M ~ F 8:30 ~ 4:30 P.M. PST

Phone: (310) 639-4200 voice prompts 4, 1

Leo said:

If you plan to use a DB-9 to a USB cable to connect to your PC from the

DB-9 serial connection on back panel of the TS-990S I would only recommend one cable.

RT Systems USB-63

This cable works on ALL Kenwood HF transceivers with a DB-9 serial connection including the TS-990S, and TS-890S.

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/USB-63-Programming-CAT-Cable-p/usb-63.htm

I followed his instructions with excellent results.

73, Steve K2SN