Re: Windows 10 Automatic Update Created Issue with Serial Ports

Danny Douglas <n7dc@...>

USB -> RS-232 is stable in my experience if you follow (again!) Dave's
advice about configuring the ports, the important thing being don't
let them take a nap.

That is a real problem here. I turn off all computers when I get up and walk away for the night, or even in the daytime, when weather has any indications of rain. I have lost three computers. a rig, an antenna tuner, and numerous other electronics in the past 20 or so years here. Its down right aggravating that MS continues to ignore there software doing such things as changing ports and other such actions - even when we have told their software NO.

N7DC@...
Ex WN5QMX,WA5UKR,ET2US,ET3USA,SV0WPP,VS6DD,N7DC/YV5/G5CTB
QSL Bureau, DIRECT, LOTW Preferred, eQSL used but upload at a courtesy only, as do not use the system for awards.

On March 25, 2020 at 2:38 PM Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:
Danny
N7DC