Re: Create SQL Filter From Current Button Selections

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Hi Mike,
For the upcoming E season, this combo filter will do the job nicely, assuming I understand how it works. You can see my other rather long post  explaining it.

((Band='10M') or (Band='6M'))  AND ((NAE='Y') or (NAM='Y') or (NAW='Y'))

This seems to say: 

Show me EVERY station anyone heard from ANYWHERE on 6m or 10m as long as they heard them from North America.

...but I'm very new to this and could have it all wrong.

I could further restrict it to MSK144 and FT8.  I may do that just to play, but lots of people monitor 50.125 SSB and that would also get my attention. Also beacons will show with the existing setting, which is also informative.

Thanks so much for your help.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:34 PM ND9G Mike <mike.nd9g@...> wrote:
I see you worked out a query to possibly get what you want. In your previous email you mentioned that these spots were all being submitted via your instance of WSJT-X.

You can look at your SpotCollector fields and look for the Network field to see where the spot is coming from and set your SQL to filter on the network.

Example:
Band='6M' AND Mode='MSK144' AND Network='WSJT'

Substitute WSJT with whatever the actual value.

Mike ND9G

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 8:21 AM Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
Excellent instructions. While not automatically generated, the examples are great and worked perfectly.

For what I was trying to do: Show me only spots from NA-E/M/S, on MSK144

BAnd='6M' AND Mode='MSK144' AND ((NAE='Y') or (NAM='Y') or (NAW='Y'))

That worked. Now I should look how I could refine it to include Mexico and (if not considered part of NA, Canada) and I could  put in a Band filter of 6 meters, because I don't have a setup for 2m MSK144.

Thanks for the pointer.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:53 AM Hasan Schiers N0AN via Groups.Io <hbasri.schiers6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks, Scott! That was just what I was looking for.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 6:50 AM Scott Stembaugh <radio.n9ljx@...> wrote:
Hasan,

There are 4 banks of 8 SQL filter buttons available.  CTRL-Click on the bottom row of buttons brings up the editor.  See https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Filtering%20with%20SQL%20expressions
on how to combine standard filters with custom SQL.

--scott

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 6:57 AM Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
It might be interesting to have a way to automatically generate a compound SQL Filter from Current Filter Settings.

I am currently using Band and Mode and Origin

To show Spots from North America, 6 meters, MSK144 only. (with the Buttons already provided)

It would be nice to combine any currently existing set of button filters into a single SQL expression and save it for use as a Button.

...just an idea, and not very important, but it struck me as useful.

73, N0AN

Hasan

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.