Re: NIL?

Not in the shack now, but I seem to recall placing an “I” in one of the qsl fields marks the qso for invalid, and counted towards any awards....

+ Setting a QSO's "QSL Rcvd" item to 'I' makes it invalid for DXCC awards, but the QSO would remain valid for other awards. To also make the QSO invalid for WAZ awards, for example, you'd have to set its "WAZ Vfy" item to 'I'.

+ The advantage of putting a ! in front of the callsign, as Mike ND9G suggested, is that it makes the QSO invalid for all awards. There's a disadvantage, however: when later searching for the QSO using the Call filter, you must remember to type !9G5TT into the Filter panel textbox before clicking the Call button.

+ To eliminate this disadvantage, I have extended the Call filter in the next version of DXKeeper to match QSOs whose callsign begins with ! if the rest of the callsign matches the specified callsign. Thus typing 9G5TT into the Filter panel textbox and then clicking the Call button will filter the Log Page Display to contain logged QSOs with 9G5TT and !9G5TT.

On Mar 18, 2020, at 4:17 PM, ND9G Mike <mike.nd9g@...> wrote:

A number of people will put an ! in front of the call.

This will effectively break the QSO from counting on anything in your awards, but will leave it in the log.

73,

Mike ND9G

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 3:11 PM Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

I seem to have some free time (commuting by fiber) so am trying to get
rid of some Rs and Ws in my log so I can qualify for my 200 sticker.

I *thought* I had 9G5TT worked but NIL ... I don't want to delete the
QSO ... I mean ... if seemed real to me ... but it doesn't need to be
counted for anything and I'd like the right color to show up in places
where colors mean something.

Searching for "NIL" in the docs has not had the desired effect (other
than for QSO_Complete).