Re: Two Radio Control/Selection

Rod Greene

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 12:56:27 PM MDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Both places have Port # set to "4" and 57600, 8, N, 1, off, off.

+ That's why Commander has disabled ("grayed out") your Radio 2 option on its Main window: you have it configured to employ a COM port that is already in use as the Secondary CAT port.

Dave, Here is what you asked previously with my information after each question:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Dumb question I suppose, but I'm not finding the answer..

I have two radios:

  Radio 1 is an IC-7600
  Radio 2 is a Ten Tec Orion II

I both configured in Commander, I may have something set incorrectly, so may need some guidance here.

On Commander's Main panel it shows both radios but radio 2 push button and name is greyed out, so the question is "how do I select it (nr 2)?" for controlling and input to Keeper, etc. Radio 1 is controlled perfectly.

I have read all of the documentation for Commander in the Help. So if the answer is there, I have missed it.

+ In the Configuration window's MultiRadio tab's "CAT Serial port" panel, what "Port #" is selected for Radio 2?

In the MultiRadio Tab, Radio 1 is Port # 8   This is the IC-7600
In the MultiRadio Tab, Radio 2 is Port # 4   This is the Orion II

+ In the Configuration window's "Secondary CAT Serial Port" panel, what "Port#" is selected?

In the Configuration window's "Secondary CAT Serial Port" panel (under the "Ports" tab)
the Port# is 4 (for the Orion II.

The "Primary CAT Serial Port" panel (also under the "ports" tab) is Port# 8 (for the IC-7600)

I hope this is more clear than my previous answer to your question. My answer above meant that Radio 2 was assigned the same Port # in both tabs.

Thanks again, Rod/w7zrc