Re: Icom IC-R30 control
* more AA6YQ comments belowtoggle quoted messageShow quoted text
From: Dave AA6YQ [mailto:@AA6YQ]
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 6:02 PM
Subject: RE: [DXLab] Icom IC-R30 control
+ AA6YQ comments below
I want to control my Icom IC-R30 fro doppler shift via CI-V (CAT) for satellite operation. This radio is already 18 months on the market but during this time I have not found anything that supports this radio. Can someone help me out?
+ I downloaded and reviewed the IC-R30 instruction manual from
+ I found no indication in the manual that this receiver can be controlled by an application running on a computer.
* Peter N5UWY sent me the "Advanced" manual for the Icom IC-R30, which documents its CI-V instruction set.
* Ron ON2RON, if basic control and tracking of frequency and mode is (without doppler shift) is of use to you, please do the following:
1. Direct the DXLab Launcher to download and install Commander
2. using a text editor, open the file Radios.txt in your Commander folder
3. insert this line of text
radio=IIC-R30, Address=9C, Split=F, FilterGroups=F, VFOSel=F, VFOEqual=F, VFOExchange=F, MainSubSel=T, RTTY=F, Smeter=T
after the line that begins
4. save the change to Radios.txt
5. start Commander, and configure it as described in
* In step 3.a, set the Model selector to IC-R30.
* Does Commander track and control your R30's frequency and mode?