Re: LoTW Failure Recovery?

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Dave, did #1

Got a VERY large list of potential uploads...I mean hundreds and hundreds. I told it to upload them to LoTW and it seemed to work.

Then ran that same sequence again and the same qsos showed again.  (To be uploaded). I did not upload them a 2nd time for fear of creating a ton of dupes in LoTW.

How should I proceed?

I looked on LoTW for some of the qsos contained in the first upload and they are there (they might have been all along).

I just verified that when I clicked on Add Requested, the same qsos show up every time, even if I have hit Upload to LoTW after the QSL Queue has been populated by all those qsos.

IOTW, the Add Requested list is not being "updated" after I get the list and hit Upload to LoTW.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 9:10 AM Hasan Schiers N0AN via Groups.Io <hbasri.schiers6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Dave, will study.
Hasan

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 9:07 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I have had this happen twice in the last 3 days:

I am set for auto-upload to LoTW.
LoTW on their end went down
Error msg in DXK asking try again or not?
I say yes, and it does same (as they were down for hours)

More qsos, so I start answering NO to try again.
Now I have 10 qsos in the log that need to be uploaded to LoTW

I have to manually move them (right click on log entry and select Add Entry to QSL Queue (LoTW) one at a time into the QSL Queue.

+ No, you don't have to manually add QSOs to the QSL Queue one at a time, but procedure for re-uploading them depends on their state.

+ Scenario 1: If their "LoTW QSL Rcvd" items are still set to 'R', then they weren't actually uploaded, so

1. on the Main window's QSL tab,

1a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

1b. click the "Add Requested"  button (populates the QSL Queue with all QSOs whose "LoTW QSL Rcvd" items are set to 'R'

1c. click the "Upload to LoTW" button

+ Scenario 2: If their "LoTW QSL Rcvd" items are set to 'U', then TQSL reported them as uploaded to LoTW, in which case the procedure is

1. on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, check the "permit uploading of QSOs already uploaded to LoTW" box

2. click the LoTW button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, which filters the Log Page Display to contain all QSOs uploaded to LoTW but not yet accepted by LoTW

3. on the Main window's QSL tab,

3a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

3b. click the "Add all" button (adds all QSOs in the Log Page Display to the QSL Queue)

3c. click the "Upload to LoTW" button

Now, I keep adding qsos as DXK keeps giving the same error (others haven't uploaded yet).

It turns out that I had to stop and restart DXK to get it to upload the pending qsos (in the qsl window).

+ On the Main window's QSL tab, set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW, click the Clear button, and then click the "Add Requested" button.