Re: Short Path Heading

Rod Greene

My apologies Dave. I think I was specifying Path Finder and should have said DXView

Rod

On Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 11:11 AM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

All the apps I am using: (SC, DXK, and PF) have my coordinates entered and they all agree.

+ You cannot specify your coordinates in Pathfinder; if you have DXKeeper configured to use “QRZ via Pathfinder” as a callbook, then you must specify your coordinates in QRZ.

+ When performing a lookup, DXKeeper and SpotCollector give top priority to the location specified in an Override. SpotCollector doesn’t check for location information in previously logged QSOs (because it would take too long), but DXKeeper does if appropriately configured.

+ DXLab applications all use the same code to compute a heading from your QTH and a specified location, but another application  - like QRZ – may perform the calculation with a different level of accuracy and the yield slightly differing results. If you cite specific examples (callsigns, headings), I can be more specific.

I'm just wondering why there would be a difference between the Capture window and the PathFinder window in the SP Heading? Don't they use the same source?

+ Pathfinder does not compute headings. Pathfinder displays web pages (like QRZ.com) that can compute headings.