Re: Short Path Heading

Rod Greene

Think I understand it now - In DXV the box under the SP Heading is the heading of the last heading. As soon as I click on the SP Heading box to turn my rotor, then they agree and it resets the Capture az - path box to the Short Path instead of the last heading. This Last Heading info had me confused.

Thanks again! 73, Rod/w7zrc

On Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:49:20 AM MST, Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc@...> wrote:

Thanks Dave,

All the apps I am using: (SC, DXK, and PF) have my coordinates entered and they all agree. I'm just wondering why there would be a difference between the Capture window and the PathFinder window in the SP Heading? Don't they use the same source?

73, Rod

On Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:28:54 AM MST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

This is puzzling - The Short Path headings don't agree. I clicked on this spot in SC and that populated both Capture and Path Finder with this information. So which is correct and why are there two different headings in PF? Apologies to K1NMF for using his call in this example.

+ There are many sources of location information, and they don't always agree. Also, and application or web page that computes a beam heading needs to know your location; any differences will result in a different beam heading.

+ Without more detailed information (e.g. locations specified in previously logged QSOs, overrides, callbook being checked), I can't be more specific.