Re: SpotCollector WSJT-X Destination for Spots?

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Hi DAve,

I recall that, but I was confused by this comment:

+ SpotCollector does not provide a way to automatically route the information it collects to a DX Cluster. You can of course generate outgoing spots, either directly, via DXKeeper, or via Winwarbler.

I think my "wishful thinking" got in the way. The 2nd sentence made me think there might be a way for DXKeeper to generate a spot without Right Clicking on the Log entry and selecting Spot KB7IJ etc...with or without notes.

...and even if DXK would upload a spot to N6WS without intervention...it's too late for what I want to do. I want any decode of MSK144 to auto-upload to a DXCluster server like N6WS. Waiting for me to work them does not do the "spotting function" that I'm looking for. The idea is to alert the users that 6m msk144 or 6m FT8 is open NOW, as we have seen decodes.

Yes, WSJT-X does just that for PSKReporter...but PSKr is a bit unreliable and very slow to update, which on 6m MSK144 is not good. We need to catch rocks quickly as well as on FT8 for very short Sporadic E openings.

Hamspots does this very well, but you can't run X and SpotCollector in fully connected mode with JTAlert (which feeds Hamspots automatically and quickly), because JTAlert wants exclusive control of the UDP stream, which is already in use with SpotColletor. The new v3 of JTA is supposed to allow shared use of UDP, but it's going to be months coming.

In the mean time, while I'm in the shack, I do this:

Go to the SpotCollector little manual entry window, and when I see a decode in WSJT-X while I'm working 6m MSK144:

I just type in:

DX K0TPP 50.260 MSK144 SNR -10

...and that shows up on N6WS nice and clean and immediately, not with the kind of latency that troubles PSKReporter.

While this does nothing for when I'm not in the shack but still have the rig on monitoring  for 6m MSK144 activity, PSKr will get it sooner or later, which is better than nothing.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 5:31 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

When I'm running WSJT-X connected to SpotCollector, I see all my decoded stations on FT8 show up in SpotCollector with a Network of WSJTX, which makes sense.

My question: are these locally generated spots forwarded somehow to N6WS, so the spots I see on my system locally sent to N6WS for others to use?

+ No. Please see my previous response to your   question:

< https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/191572>