Re: DXView File Type Pop-Up

Jeff, K6JW

Thanks!!!

On 2/28/2020 2:16 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 02:08 PM, Jeffrey Wolf wrote:

Yes, Google Earth was enabled. I unchecked it and the problem seems to be resolved. Which, of course, doesn't actually represent a solution if I want to have Google Earth enabled. But, still, at least the pop-up is gone.

+ If and when you decide to install Google Earth, it will register itself with Windows as the default application for .kml files. Then when DXView directs Windows to "open" a .kml file, Windows will automatically invoke Google Earth to display it.

+ Why this level of indirection through Windows? So that DXView doesn't have to know where you installed Google Earth.