   Thanks. I think you're right about not having a default setting for the KML file type. I'm not sure what that should be or how to add it. The file type isn't listed on the computer as a file type on the screen that shows all the file types. I'll need to figure out how to do that. Thanks again.
73,
Jeff, K6JW

On 2/28/2020 1:40 PM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:
It could be possible that you do not have the correct or any default setting for the KML file type.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN
Hierro candente, batir de repente
44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 14:50
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] DXView File Type Pop-Up

+ AA6YQ comments below

Every time I booted DXView, I got a pop-up that asked me how I want to open .kml files. It appears that this file type is associated with Google Earth. In the attempt to get rid of the pop-up (which could be cleared by hitting the Escape key), I tried several options in the drop down box in the pop-up. None worked, and each simply has yielded another error screen. How can I stop this from happening? Anyone else had the problem?

+ Has DXView always done this, or is this new behavior? If the latter, when did it start? What changes did you make to your hardware or software around that time?

+ On the "World Map" tab of DXView's Configuration window, is the "Google Earth" panel's Enable box checked?