Re: DXView File Type Pop-Up

Jeff, K6JW

Hi Dave,
   Thanks for the very quick response. This was not a new problem but has been present ever since I first moved  in January to DXLab from my former program of 20 years. Google Earth was enabled. I just found that by disabling it, the problem did not recur when I rebooted.
   So, I I'm not sure what to do if I want to enable Google Earth, but at least I don't have the pesky pop-up right now.
   Unrelated question: Any chance you'll be at the IDXC in Visalia in April?
--Jeff, K6JW

On 2/28/2020 12:49 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Every time I booted DXView, I got a pop-up that asked me how I want to open .kml files. It appears that this file type is associated with Google Earth. In the attempt to get rid of the pop-up (which could be cleared by hitting the Escape key), I tried several options in the drop down box in the pop-up. None worked, and each simply has yielded another error screen. How can I stop this from happening? Anyone else had the problem?

+ Has DXView always done this, or is this new behavior? If the latter, when did it start? What changes did you make to your hardware or software around that time?

+ On the "World Map" tab of DXView's Configuration window, is the "Google Earth" panel's Enable box checked?