Re: Inability to retrieve latest versions

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 01:10 PM, Rick wrote:

After Dave AA6YQ announced the availability of SC 8.5.2 (TU!) I made it a point to try to update from 8.5.0.  When directed to check for "new?" Launcher does not show the availability of 8.5.2.  Changing distribution sites has no effect.  Running a "Restore" downloads 8.5.0 again.  Exiting launcher and reloading has no effect.  Restarting the computer was not effective in resolving the issue.  Network connection was verified; DNS is correct and productive.  (Yes, I know some of these steps would not necessarily be expected to change behaviors.)

OK ... so what I m missing?  :<)

+ I didn't publicly announce the availability of SpotCollector 8.5.2 - I sent email to the several ops who encouraged me to provide a pre-filtering capability that explains how to obtain this version, and then posted a screenshot here so that anyone interested could comment. This has been standard practice for the past 19 years. I'm not trying to exclude anyone, but it's unwieldy to have more than 3 or 4 people test a new version, the people who suggest an enhancement are generally willing to critique and test it, and the time to a public release is typically not more than a few days.