Re: Terminate Non-DX Lab Applications

Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I have not found the clue to terminating non-DXlab apps in Launcher. The Windows 10 Task Manager doesn't have an "Applications" tab. I have tried various configurations in the Caption window, but no cigar

+ The Launcher can be configured to start non-DXLab applications, but cannot be configured to terminate them. That's because there is no standard way to convey an "initiate graceful shutdown" directive to Windows applications. Each DXLab application accepts a "initiate graceful shutdown" directive, which is how the Launcher instructs them to terminate.

+ Yes, the Launcher could terminate a non-DXLab application by invoking a Windows API that terminates the application's process, but that could cause the application to lose or corrupt data.