Re: Complicated (?) problem

g4wjs

On 10/02/2020 21:39, Steve - N3SL wrote:
Will try here with a "simple" question to see if I get a hit:

I run the "original" microHam keyer and router software (virtual ports).  Have for years, without problems.  Any Win10 upgrade beyond v1803 has the router software still seeing my radio, but none of the programs using the virtual ports (Commander, WSJT-X, MMTTY) can read radio status, key the rig, etc. and I get error messages that the ports have not been created (while the microHam program communicates with the radio just fine!).

So without all the gory details, just this:  Anyone using the microHam box/software successfully beyond Win10 v1803?  If so, we can take this "offline" for more discussion. (Yes, I've been to microHam support.)

Otherwise, the current setup works just fine, and I'm done updating Win10!

Thanks,
Steve, N3SL
Hi Steve,

I don't recall having exactly that problem, and I run Windows 8.1, but I have had to delete all the virtual ports  occasionally and recreate them using the urouter Virtual Ports menu items. Make sure to note what port numbers are assigned to what on the various urouter configuration pages.

Bill

G4WJS.