From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Ireland
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 16:42
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] McAfee deleted DXKeeper

That was my understanding as well, Dave, but McAfee told me the files could not be recovered.  I have the log file backed up.  Should I uninstall all DXLab software including Commander and reinstall everything?

Thanks, Ed

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 4:18 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

McAfee deleted DXKeeper saying it was a virus.  When I try to instruct Commander to install DXKeeper, the only option is "Upgrade" but it then says "dxkeeper.exe does not exist:.  How do I reinstall KXKeeper?  I have removed McAfee from my computer.

+ I'm not familiar with McAfee, but most antimalware applications don't simply delete an application they consider suspicious, they "quarantine it" - meaning that the move the application's files to a specific area. Importantly, they provide the option to restore a quarantined application.

+ This is important because deleting an application's files makes it impossible for Windows to uninstall that application -- a prerequisite to being able to re-install it.

+ I suggest that you contact McAfee Support and ask how to restore DXKeeper. Hopefully they can tell you where the quarantined files were placed, so you can simply move them back to their proper folders.

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop