From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of g4wjs
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 12:48
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Color code confusion and how to determine which are needed

On 30/12/2019 18:46, g4wjs wrote:

On 30/12/2019 18:39, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:

Using JTALERT is not as functional as SC and you have to import your log from DXLABS to get all and it also leads to having logs in 2 places that may or may not be up to date.

Gil,

that is not correct. Both JTAlert and DX Lab Suite provide integrated DX chasing using WSJT-X by querying your DXKeeper log, they both have their pros and cons, you need to evaluate each one and decide which provides the best match for your needs. Your basic misunderstanding of how your log is queried by these applications shows that you have not done this.

You also refer to to the decode highlighting provided directly by WSJT-X in you OP above, that is another more basic option that uses your WSJT-X log file to determine what you have already worked. The WSJT-X highlighting is a stand alone solution and probably not the best option if you are using DX Lab Suite as your main station log.

Have you read and understood this document:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes>

Bill

G4WJS.

--