From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2019 13:57
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Worked Before

+ AA6YQ comments below

Ok, I think I would not be likely to do that but I think I will try the setup anyway to keep all in one and to have everything in my workspaces. Setup should not be that hard as I assume I would use the same things I am using now for my other DXLABS use for the most part.

The start WSJTX from Launcher is a nice feature too. Hopefully it will not cause an error when it starts the Commander will not yet be running.

Not clear if I should start WSJTX first so that it will be available to SC or if I should start DXLABS modules first. In that case WSJTX spot source will not yet be available to SC. Which is the best way to go?

+ If you configure WSJT-X to use Commander for transceiver control,  configure the Launcher to start WSJT-X after your DXLab apps have been started.

I am guessing that since UDP protocol does not verify thigs that it might not matter which way I go as the UDP code will just sit and wait for a message anyway.

This FT8 operation has a lot more things to think of than one would at first think. I have only used it in a basic mode running only WSJTX to make contacts and doing export import of log but I think if I want to get serious I must set things up to make operation more a reasonable system.

+ Agreed.

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop