Re: Email error from SpotCollector

g4wjs

On 17/12/2019 00:25, Tom Schaefer NY4I wrote:
Bill,

Thanks but you have to read the whole thread. I did that on purpose. There is no authentication required on the server.

Tom

Tom,

I have read the whole thread, but I was only commenting on the message where you tried authentication and showed the network traffic. The server is clearly requiring authentication as it replied to an EHLO wakeup with the following:

250-<server name removed by NY4I> Hello [192.168.1.220] (.220 is the client)
250-AUTH=LOGIN
250-AUTH LOGIN

It expects LOGIN type authentication and the CDOsys object in SpotCollector has correctly replied to that by passing the user name and password when requested in plain text i.e. Base64 encoded. Your server has denied access, assumedly because user test with password test does not exist!

Bill

G4WJS.