Re: Modifying Records

Rod Greene

Dave and Phil,

Many thanks for your help!

I've done some checking of the old log file (from DXBase) that I had used to create an adif file to import to DXLab DXK. It does not contain Lat and Long information for its QSO Records. Also it does not contain mailing addresses for the records. Plus those QSOs were mostly (>90% I'd estimate) CW or SSB on HF and no grid information was loaded or needed. For the VHF/UHF QSOs where I did want the Grids, those were in the log and transferred over okay.

So I'm pretty sure I am safe to just clean up the records with the "JJ00aa" grid information and make them blank.

Thanks again for your help and excellent software! Thanks Phil for the reference to the grid-square site.

73, Rod/w7zrc

On Friday, December 13, 2019, 12:52:30 PM MST, Phil & Anne Irons <ve1bvd@...> wrote:

Hi Rod...

If you already have QSL information for those 95K contacts, you might find this website useful:

It asks for an address, city & state or zip; or a callsign--if your contact has moved since the QSO, the address from his QSL info at the time will give you the grid info you seek, which negates downside B of Dave's reply.  However, (and there's always one of those, isn't there?) entering 95k callsigns or addresses will take a little while...perhaps if you group them by city & state that may simplify things a bit.

Hope this helps!

73 & Season's Greetings

Phil Irons/VE1BVD
Sydney, NS (FN96vd)

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 1:19 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I've checked several of the records with JJ00aa and none of them have Latitude and Longitude. And no, I do not have the original file that I imported. It was several months ago that I made the import.

+ If that's the situation, your only recourse would be to filter the Log Page Display to contain all QSOs whose Gridsquare items are now set to JJ00aa

1. clear the Gridsquares items of all QSOs in the Log Page Display

2. Perform a callbook update on all QSOs in the Log Page Display

+ There are two potential downsides to step 2

A. If your callbook is "QRZ.com via Pathfinder", the update will proceed at the rate of 1 QSO every 4 seconds (pacing required by QRZ management)

B. Callbook updates for older QSOs may populate the QSO with information that is obsolete (e.g. QSO partner relocated since you worked them)

Phil & Anne Irons
Sydney, Nova Scotia